SIMPLICIO MARAMBA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
To be considered for the award, the applicant must:
1. Be a member (or his/her family is a member) of the FAAP with a minimum of two consecutive years of membership before the award.
2. Have a Quality Point Average of at least 3.5.
3. Be attending his/her senior year of high school.
The award will be given to the candidate(s) with the highest score based on the following point system.
- 55% – Academic excellence covering three or four years of scholastic performance
- 35% – Participation of his/her family in FAAP’s Programs
- 10% – Extra-curricular activities and awards in any of the following areas: fine arts, music, dance, drama, sports, and community activism or volunteerism.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Fill up the application form which can be accessed here: Online Application
2. Obtain the following supporting documents:
- Official school transcripts from junior year including QPA and class rank
- Proof of standing on the honors list if the candidate comes from a school district that operates on a two-track honor roll system
- SAT scores from either junior or senior year
- Three letters of recommendation from the candidate’s high school principal, the candidate’s advisor or counselor and a character reference from a non-relative
3. Submit the completed application form with supporting documents to the Education Committee. All applications must be received by September 30. Please scan all documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|2022||Andrei Arboleda and Francis Wyichryk|
|2021||Lindey Glinoga, Logan Mears, Miguel Quemado and Jojo Toledo|
|2019||Jaimee Cabili and Janneselle Umalin|
|2018||Mary Claire Rethage|
|2014||Alexandra Knapp and Samantha Storms|
|2013||Yani Quemado and Josh Tarun|
|2001||Jonathan Pulido, Jamie Sylves|
|1998||Kristi Brecht, Renelle Sagana|
|1996||Ramon Abola, Terri Bautista|
|1990||Maria Ong, Jennifer Recio, Franco Salvoza|
|1988||Michelle Neal, Joseph Ong|
|1987||Anna Carina Guinto|
|1983||Wivina Ayson, Jeff Elia|
|1982||Fe Nanette Lucero|