SIMPLICIO MARAMBA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Congratulations to Gabby Young for receiving the 2016 Maramba Scholarship Award. The award was presented to her during the 2016 Induction Ball. Pictured above with Becky Quemado, the current President of FAAP, and Beth Villegas, the chair of the FAAP Education Committee.
To be considered for the award, the applicant must:
1. Be a member (or his/her family is a member) of the FAAP with a minimum of two consecutive years of membership before the award.
2. Have a Quality Point Average of at least 3.0.
3. Be attending his/her senior year of high school.
The award will be given to the candidate(s) with the highest score based on the following point system.
- 65% – Academic excellence covering three or four years of scholastic performance
- 25% – Participation of his/her family in FAAP’s Programs
- 10% – Extra-curricular activities and awards in any of the following areas: fine arts, music, dance, drama, sports, and community activism or volunteerism.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Fill up the application form which can be downloaded here.
2. Obtain the following supporting documents:
- Official school transcripts from junior year including QPA and class rank
- Proof of standing on the honors list if the candidate comes from a school district that operates on a two-track honor roll system
- SAT scores from either junior or senior year
- Three letters of recommendation from the candidate’s high school principal, the candidate’s advisor or counselor and a character reference from a non-relative
3. Submit the completed application form with supporting documents to the Education Committee. The mailing address is indicated on the application form.
|2014||Alexandra Knapp and Samantha Storms|
|2013||Yani Quemado and Josh Tarun|
|2001||Jonathan Pulido, Jamie Sylves|
|1998||Kristi Brecht, Renelle Sagana|
|1996||Ramon Abola, Terri Bautista|
|1990||Maria Ong, Jennifer Recio, Franco Salvoza|
|1988||Michelle Neal, Joseph Ong|
|1987||Anna Carina Guinto|
|1983||Wivina Ayson, Jeff Elia|
|1982||Fe Nanette Lucero|