FAAP CHARITY PROGRAMS
The FAAP has established itself as a charitable organization by supporting a long list of charities over the years. Among these were the Santa Cruz Mission, Children’s Hospital, Brother’s Brother Foundation, Bethlehem Haven Shelter for Homeless Women, Pet Therapy, Philippine Red Cross, Special Olympics (State and County), Mom’s House, Project Bundle-Up, Ronald McDonald House, Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank, Salvation Army, Miryam’s House, and disaster victims here and abroad.
FAAP Fund Raising Committee
Primary Task: Lead the fundraising effort of the entire organization
- (1) While the committee takes the lead role in fundraising, every FAAP member plays a part in the fundraising.
- (2) Our current sources of revenues are derived from the following activities:
- Membership Dues
- Sport & Recreation (Fall Classic)
- Pittsburgh Folk Festival
- McKeesport Int’l Festival
- Dance Troupe Recitals or Major Performances
- Induction Ball
Except for grants and donations, all of these sources are ongoing cultural, charitable and membership activities rather than fundraising, and each is under an assigned committee. Even while the Fundraising Committee will provide its input – so far as fundraising is concerned – each respective committee will continue to have responsibility for the activity. In the case of grants and donations for FAAP’s primary mission (culture, charity and education), the Fundraising Committee will have sole responsibility.